Housing Stabilization Program
The Housing Stabilization Program (HSP) is an innovative homeless prevention program that helps families who have fallen behind on rent or mortgage payments due to extenuating circumstances. The program provides short-term financial assistance to families so they can overcome their immediate housing crisis. Additionally, each family receives case management, budgeting assistance, and access to community resources in order to address life barriers that may prevent them from remaining stably housed after agency intervention.
Program Facts & Highlights:
- HSP is an extension of the assistance program that inspired the founding of Adopt-A-Family of the Palm Beaches, Inc.
- HSP is an eviction-prevention program designed to provide emergency rental, mortgage, and/or utility assistance to families facing a crisis that has jeopardized their housing.
- HSP prevents an episode of homelessness for 200 families per year in Palm Beach County.
- HSP is the largest non-governmental homeless prevention program in Palm Beach County.
- During the 2018-2019 funding year, HSP provided services to 202 households, and 83% of those households remained stably housed for one full year after agency intervention.
- Key funders: Gerstner Family Foundation, The Jim Moran Foundation, and the Cathleen McFarlane Foundation.